Guard I – Security SpecialistHill AFB, Ogden Utah
Guard I – Security Specialist, Hill
AFB, Ogden Utah
(DCS) Defense Consulting Services has an opening for a Guard I – Security Specialist/ Access Mgmt at Hill AFB in Utah working at the Defense Information Systems Agency. This position requires an active Secret Clearance and is a full time, Monday – Friday excluding weekends and Federal Holidays.
Are you a highly efficient and an expert observer? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you like a stable and supportive environment that lets you work deliberately to produce high quality results? Are you systematic, respectful, analytical and thorough? If so, we would like to talk with you.
DCS is currently working on a long-term project and is offering highly-qualified candidates a place to cultivate their knowledge, build upon their experience, and use their expertise to make a real difference.
DCS hires capable, competent and credible people. DCS is committed to creating a culture where all are treated with dignity and respect because it brings out the full potential in each of us, which, in turn, contributes directly to our business success. We cannot afford to let anyone’s talents go to waste.
- Secret Clearance
- Information Technology Interim IT-II level success clearance granted
- High School Diploma
- At least 1 out of the past 5 years’ experience with data center security
- Keep certifications updated and attend all required training
- Provide visitor access validation support using the visitor In/Out process
– Validate visitor identification
– Ensure visitation documents are complete
– Capture Common Access Control (CAC) information from visitor
– Verify visitor clearance level
– Verify Visitor Access Request (VAR)
– Ensure proper badging is provided per process
– Notify/coordinate with visitor POC
- Maintain documentation to include:
– Visitor tracker/entry control logs
– Visitor Access Requests (VAR)
– Visitor Sponsor POC tracking
– Security Blotters
– Physical Security Checklist/Logs
– Security documentation required for scheduled/adhoc audits
- Other physical security related documentation
-Respond appropriately to routine requests and inquiries related to physical security/entry control policy and processes.
- Perform physical security checks of the facility on a recurring basis
– Check all doors and gates to ensure they are secured and operating properly
– Monitor and walk-through administrative areas ensuring classified documents and media are secured and properly labeled according to security policy
– Check that all security container controls/locks are functioning as expected and properly annotate the security container check-sheet used for tracking and auditing purposes
– Report any issues/discrepancies to the Site/Security Manager immediately, following reporting process
- Operate and monitor the automated facility entry access control system and closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems.
– Verify all video feeds are operational and recording as expected
– Verify all doors, card readers, control panels, and intrusion detection systems are operational and reporting properly in the Access Control System
- Report all component failures to the Site/Security Manager immediately, following reporting process
– Perform testing of duress alarm system in accordance with the local host installation policy and procedures.
– Open and Close Collateral Open Storage Areas (COSA) classified at the SECRET level including changing lock combinations following manufacturing guidelines and outlined security procedures.
- Perform patrol/inspection of facility (internal and external) and identify, document, and report any suspicious activities, packages, and vehicles. Notify Site/Security Manager immediately of any discrepancies, following reporting process.
- Perform inspections of arriving/departing packages including boxes, cartons, handbags, briefcases, toolboxes, etc.
– Identify any controlled substances, unauthorized electronic devices or media, and weapons
– Reports all findings to the Site/Security Manager via written notice
- Monitor all classified shredders and verify they are operating properly and shredding materials to the appropriate size standards for the type of materials being shredded (i.e.: FOUO, Secret, Classified, etc.). Properly dispose of shredded materials in appropriate Government provided trash receptacle.
- Provide DO2875 System Access Request (SAR) security support. Access to Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) is required to complete this subtask.
– Validate SAR is properly filled out
– Validate clearance is active and date of clearance is correct using JPAS
– Reject SAR if items a & b are not accurate
– Process all SARs within 2 hours of receiving the document with 99% accuracy
- Perform escort duties for visitors/vendors that are non-cleared and need assistance with visit logistics, as directed by the Site/Security Manager.
Compensation & Benefits:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy and commitment of DCS and related entities to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Job Type: Full-time